NOW UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!
You will need:
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Classic Blonde Dry
- 500gm Brew Booster
- 1 Hallertau Hopbag
- 1 Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack
- Saflager Yeast
How to make it:
- Cool 5 or more litres of water in your fridge in a sterilised container*
- Put Hallertau hop bag in a cup of boiling water and put aside
- Steep Grain in 1 litre of hot tap water for 30 mins
- Strain grain through a kitchen sieve or muslin into a saucepan and rinse the grain with a further 500mls of hot water into the pot. Discard grain.
- Boil grain wort for 10 minutes
- Pour grain wort, Blonde kit and Brew Booster into fermenter
- Add hop liquid to the fermenter.
- Top up fermenter with cooled water and tap water to 23 litres
- Add Saflager yeast and stir vigorously
- Drop hop bag in fermenter
- Seal and fill airlock and place in a cool spot**
- Ferment until hydrometer reading is stable over two days.
* Use chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature, preferably at or below 20°C and add yeast immediately.
** Keep the fermenter cool, ideally 12-15°C. Place the fermenter on a concrete slab or place in a tray of water and wrap in a towel. Use frozen drink bottles around fermenter. Use an old fridge with a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat for ideal brewing conditions.