You will need:
- 1 Mangrove Jack’s London Bitter
- 1 kg Ultra Brew
- 1 Red Ale Grain Pack
- 1 Fuggles Hop bag
- 1 Goldings Hop bag
- 1. Well in advance of preparing the recipe, place 2-5 litres of water in closed containers in a fridge and chill*
- Place Red Ale Grain Pack and 1 litre of hot tap water in a bowl & steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the grain through a sieve into a saucepan. Rinse the grain with another 500mls hot water and collect this liquid in the saucepan as well.
- Bring the liquid to the boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, add Fuggles and Goldings Finishing Hops and steep for 10 minutes. Pour the liquid into the fermenter, leaving the hops bags aside.
- Dissolve London Bitter and Ultra Brew in fermenter.
- Add chilled & tap water up to 23 litres at below 25°C.
- Sprinkle yeast on top and tip in Fuggles and Goldings Hopbags. Seal fermenter and store in cool conditions, ideally at 20°C **
- Bottle when SG stabilises over two days. (This should take around 10 days).
- Allow to bottle condition and mature at least one month (preferably longer).
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not leave your fermenter to cool before adding yeast. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Try to maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter, ideally 20°C. Wrap fermenter in a blanket with the ends in the water. Using an old fridge and a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat will provide the optimum results.