You will need:
- 1 Can Whispering Wheat – 1.7kg
- 1kg Liquid Wheat Malt
- 500g Dextrose
- 1 Hallertau Hop bag 15gm
- Dry Beer Enzyme
- MJ M44 West Coast Ale yeast
- In advance, chill 5-10 litres of water in closed containers in a fridge*
- Place Hallertau Hop Bag in a cup of boiling water.
- Place the Whispering Wheat, Wheat Malt and Dextrose in the fermenter, add 2 litres of hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Pour in Hop liquid, keeping the bag to one side.
- Add chilled and tap water to 22litres to reach a temperature of 18-23°C.
- Add Dry Enzyme** and MJ M44 yeast. Stir vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Add hop bag, seal fermenter and store in cool conditions ***
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not leave your fermenter to cool before adding yeas, as this increases the chances of an infection. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** The Dry Enzyme should produce a Final Gravity of around 1006. Ensure the FG is stable over 48 hours before bottling, otherwise bottles may explode.
*** Try to maintain a cool, even temperature in the fermenter. The ideal temperature for Safale yeasts is 18-22°C. Place your fermenter next to brick walls or on a cement slab, or wrap it in a towel with one end in water, if the temperature is too high. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and old fridge for optimum brewing conditions.