CASCADE PREMIUM Style
CASCADE PREMIUM stile
You will need:
- 1 MJ Craft Series Golden Lager
- 1 Kg Ultrabrew
- 1 Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack
- 1 Cascade Hopbag
- 1 M84 Bohemian Lager Yeast (Optional)
- Well before starting, place 5-10 litres of water in closed containers in a fridge and chill*
- Place Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack in a bowl with 1 litre of hot tap water. Steep for 30 minutes.
- Place the Cascade Hops Bag in 250ml of boiling water and leave for 10 minutes.
- After steeping, pour the grain and liquid through a strainer into a saucepan.
- Rinse the grain with 1 litre of hot water and collect the liquid in the saucepan. Discard grain.
- Bring grain wort to the boil for 5 minutes.
- Add Golden Lager and Ultrabrew to the fermenter. Add in the hot grain liquid and stir well.
Pour the hop tea into the fermenter, and put the Hops bag to one side.
9. Add water to make up 22 litres at 20-25°C and stir vigorously for 5 minutes.**
- Add Yeast and stir in gently.
- Tip in the Cascade Hopbag then seal fermenter and store in cool conditions. **
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not freeze the water. Do not leave your fermenter to cool before adding yeast. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Use Bohemian Lager yeast for a better flavour – Aim for 20 Litres at 20°C maximum (cooler is better).
*** Maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter below 25°C. Place fermenter in a tray and wrap it in a blanket with an end in a container of water. Placing the fermenter on a concrete slab can also help to keep the temperature constant. For Bohemian Lager yeast, ferment at 12°C. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and old fridge for optimum brewing conditions all year round.