CROWN LAGER STYLE
You will need:
- 1 x Morgans Blue Mountain Lager
- 1kg Ultrabrew
- 1 Cluster Hopbag
- 1 pkt Finings
- 250gm Dextrose (Optional)
- Cool 5 litres of water in your fridge.
- Put Cluster Hop bag in a cup of boiling water and put aside.
- Dissolve Blue Mountain Lager and Ultrabrew in 2 litres of hot water.
- Pour in hop liquid. (Keep Hop bag aside).
- Top up fermenter with cooled water and tap water to 23 litres.
- Stir vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle yeast into fermenter
- Drop hop bag in fermenter.
- Seal and fill airlock and place in a cool spot, below 25°C **
- When hydrometer reading is stable for two days, add finings and stir very gently, avoiding splashing.
- Leave for 2 days then bottle.
(An optional extra 250gm Dextrose will raise the Alcohol to about 5%)
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not freeze the water. Using ice can significantly increase the risk of introducing bad bacteria into your brew, as can leaving your fermenter to cool before adding yeast. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter, preferably below 20°C. Place the fermenter in a tray and wrap it in a blanket with an end in a container of water. Placing the fermenter on a concrete slab can also help to keep the temperature constant. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and an old fridge for optimum brewing conditions all year round.