You will need:
- Morgans Golden Saaz Pilsner
- 1kg Light dried malt
- 500g Dextrose
- 30gm Nelson Sauvin Hops
- Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack
- S-23 Saflager Yeast
- In advance of brewing, place 10 litres of water in sterilised, closed containers in a fridge.
- Place Lager Grain Pack in a bowl. Add 1 litre of hot tap water and steep the grain for 20 minutes.
- Pour contents of grain bowl through a sieve into a saucepan, rinse grain with an additional 1 litre of hot water and bring saucepan to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn off heat, add 15gm Nelson Sauvin hops and let sit for 5 mins.
- Pour saucepan contents into the fermenter and stir well.
- Empty contents of Golden Saaz can, Dextrose and Dried Malt into fermenter and stir until dissolved.
- Add chilled water & tap water until you reach 23 litres at 20-22˚c.
- Stir vigorously to create a thick froth on the wort.
- Tip in the rest of the Nelson Sauvin hops and sprinkle Saflager yeast on top.
- Seal fermenter and place in a cool, dark place, ideally at 12-15˚C. *
- Age in bottles at least four weeks before sampling, longer if you can. Cheers!
* Try to maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter. Place the fermenter in a tray and wrap it in a blanket with an end in a container of water. Placing the fermenter on a concrete slab can also help to keep the temperature constant. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat in an old fridge for optimum brewing conditions all year round.