Belgian Pilsner Style (5.2%)
- 1 x Thomas Cooper Pilsner
- 1kg Brew Booster
- 500g Unhopped Wheat Malt
- 1 Hallertau Hop Bag
- Saflager Yeast
- Cool 10 litres of water in your fridge.*
- Put Hallertau Hop Bag in a cup of boiling water and put aside.
- Dissolve TC Pilsner, Wheat Malt and Brew Booster in 3 litres of hot water.
- Mix in hop liquid. (Place Hop Bag aside for later use).
- Top up fermenter with cooled water and tap water to 22.5 litres.
- Sprinkle Saflager Yeast on top and stir vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Drop hop bag in fermenter.
- Seal and fill airlock and place in a cool spot. **
- Bottle when Specific Gravity is constant for two days.
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not leave your fermenter to cool before adding yeast, as this increases the chance of an infection. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Try to maintain a cool, even temperature in the fermenter, ideally 12°C. Place your fermenter next to brick or cement, or wrap it in a towel with one end in water, to reduce temperature. Place in a box with frozen water bottles. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and old fridge for optimum brewing conditions.