You will need:
- 1x Mangrove Jack’s Craft Series Golden Lager
- 1kg Ultra Brew
- 1x Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack
- 15g Cascade Hops
- 1 MJ M84 Bohemian Lager or MJ Kit yeast
A crisp, clean, refreshing Tasmanian lager
- In advance of preparing recipe, chill 5-10 litres of water in the fridge.*
- Steep Lager/Pilsner grain pack in a bowl with 1 litre of hot tap water for 30 minutes.
- Strain the grain through a sieve into a large saucepan. Rinse grains with a further 500ml of hot water and collect in saucepan as well. Discard the grains.
- Bring grain wort to the boil, turn off heat and add the Cascade hops. Steep for 5 mins.
- Add the MJ Craft Series Golden Lager satchel and Ultra Brew and contents of the saucepan to your fermenter, and mix well.
- Top up to 23L using chilled and cold water to reach a starting temperature of 12°C if using MJ
Bohemian Lager yeast, or 20°C if using the MJ kit yeast. Stir vigorously to aerate the wort.
- If you have a temperature controlled brewing fridge, add the MJ Bohemian Lager yeast and dry enzyme, ferment as close as possible to 12°C. If you don’t have a temperature controlled brewing fridge use the yeast in the MJ Golden Lager pouch, and ferment as close as possible to 20°C **.
- Bottle or keg beer when gravity is consistent over two days.
* Use sanitised containers with lids. Use chilled water to reach pitching temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter. Place the fermenter in a tray and wrap it in a blanket with an end in a container of water. Placing the fermenter on a concrete slab can also help to keep the temperature constant. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and an old fridge for optimum brewing conditions all year round