You will need:
- 1x MJ Craft Series Chocolate Brown Ale
- 1kg Light Dry Malt
- 1x Amber/Brown Ale Grain Kit
- 1x Fuggles Finishing Hop Bag
- 1x Goldings Finishing Hop Bag
Put down a rich ale now and let it mature. Perfect drinking for a cold winter’s night.
In advance, place 10 litres of water in closed containers in a fridge and chill*
- Steep Amber/Brown Grain Kit in 1 litre of hot tap water for 20 minutes.
- Strain grain through sieve into saucepan and rinse with 1 litre of hot water into saucepan.
- Bring to boil, add Fuggles Hop Bag and boil for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add Goldings Hop Bag. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour the hot Wort mixture into the fermenter, add contents of the Brown Ale satchel and Malt and stir to dissolve thoroughly.
- Add chilled and tap water to make up 23 litres at 20-25°C and stir vigorously for 5 minutes
- 8. Add the provided MJ Kit Yeast, seal fermenter and store in cool conditions **
* Do not leave your fermenter to cool before adding yeast. Use chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature quickly and add yeast immediately.
** Try to maintain a cool, even temperature in the fermenter, ideally 20°C. Place your fermenter next to brick walls or on a cement slab. Put fermenter in a container, add some water, wrap it in a towel with one end in water, if the temperature is too high. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and old fridge for optimum brewing conditions.