You will need:
- 1 Can Thomas Coopers Sparkling Ale
- 1 Bag Ultrabrew
- 1 Pale Ale/Bitter Grain Pack
- 1 Caramunich Grain Pack
- 1 Goldings Hops bag 15gm,
- 1 Packet Safale Yeast
- In advance, chill 5-10 litres of water in closed containers in a fridge*
- Steep Pale Ale and Caramunich Grain Packs in 1.5 litres of hot tap water for 20-30 minutes
- Strain the grain through a sieve into a saucepan. Rinse the grain with another 500mls hot water and collect this liquid in the saucepan as well. Discard the grain.
- Bring the liquid to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add Goldings Hops Bag. Steep for 10 minutes.
- Add the TC Sparkling Ale Kit and Ultrabrew to the fermenter **
- Pour heated wort liquid into fermenter. Keep Hops bag to the side.
- Add water to make up 23 litres at 20-25ºC and stir vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Add hop bag and Safale Yeast, stir gently, seal fermenter. Store in cool conditions **
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not freeze the water. Using ice can significantly increase the risk of introducing bad bacteria into your brew, as can leaving your fermenter to cool before adding yeast. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Try to maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter. Place the fermenter in a tray and wrap it in a blanket with an end in a container of water. Placing the fermenter on a concrete slab can also help to keep the temperature constant. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat in an old fridge for optimum brewing conditions all year round.