AG Armadillo Golden Ale
AG – Armadillo Golden Ale
20 Litre Batch
- Est Alc 4.4%
- Est IBU’s 20
- Est SG: 1.043
- Est FG: 1.010
MALTS FOR THE MASH:
- 2.5 kg Pale Ale
- 1 kg Wheat
- 500g Vienna
- 200g CaraMalt
- Combine 12 litres of 72°C water (strike temp) and the malts in the Mash-Tun.
- Rest at 66°C for 60mins. Add 10 litres of boiling water to raise to 75°C and rest 20mins.
- Recirculate and run-off. Sparge with 10 litres of 75°C water.
HOPS FOR THE BOIL:
- 10g Amarillo 8.6% (Boil for 60min)
- 1 tsp Irish Moss, Whirlfloc, or BrewBrite – (Boil for 10min)
- 15g Amarillo 8.6% (Boil for 10min)
- 20g Amarillo 8.6% (Boil for 0min)
Cool the wort and ferment as close as possible to 18°C
Preferably with Wyeast - 1056 American Ale Yeast
On the 5th day of fermentation Dry hop with 15g Amarillo for 1 week