Honey Wheat Style
You will need:
- 1 Can Thomas Cooper Wheat 1.5kg
- 1kg Liquid Wheat Malt
- 1 Goldings Hop bag
- US-05 Safale Yeast
- 500g Honey (Not Included)
- Well before preparing recipe, place 5-10 litres of water in closed containers in a fridge and chill*
- Steep Goldings Hop bag in cup of boiling water for 15 mins.
- Dissolve TC Wheat, Liquid Wheat Malt and honey in the fermenter with 2 litres hot water.
- Add liquid from Hop bag and put bag aside.
- Add chilled & tap water to make up 23 litres at below 25° Celsius and stir vigorously.
- Add US-05 Yeast, and stir in gently.
- Tip in Goldings Hopbag then seal fermenter and store in cool conditions, preferably 18°C **
- Bottle when SG stabilises around 1010 to 1012. (This should take around 10 days).
- Allow to bottle condition and mature at least one month (preferably longer).
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not leave your fermenter to cool before adding yeast, as this increases the chance of an infection. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Try to maintain a cool, even temperature in the fermenter, ideally 18°C. Place your fermenter next to brick or cement. Place fermenter in a container, add some water, wrap it in a towel with one end in water, if the temperature is too high. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and old fridge for optimum brewing conditions.