You will need:
- 1x Morgan’s Canadian Light
- 500g Light Dried Malt
- 1Kg Brew Booster
- 1x Lager/Pilsner Grain Pack
- 15g Cascade Hop Pellets (5 min)
- 1 Dry enzyme
- 1 MJ M84 Bohemian Lager or Safale US-05
- In advance of preparing recipe, chill 5-10 litres of water in the fridge.*
- Steep Lager/pilsner grain pack in a bowl with 1 litre of hot tap water for 30 minutes.
- Strain the grain through a sieve into a large saucepan. Rinse grains with a further 500ml of hot water and collect in saucepan as well. Discard the grains.
- Bring grain wort to the boil, add the Cascade hops and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add Morgan’s Canadian Light, Light Dried Malt, Brew Booster and contents of the saucepan to your fermenter, and mix well.
- Top up to 23L using chilled/cold water to reach a starting temperature of 12°C if using MJ
Bohemian Lager, OR, 20°C if using the Safale US-05. Stir vigorously to aerate the wort.
- If using a temperature controlled brewing fridge, add MJ Bohemian Lager yeast and dry enzyme, and ferment as close as possible to 12°C. If you don’t have a temperature controlled brewing fridge use Safale US-05, add dry enzyme and ferment as close as possible to 20°C **.
- Bottle or keg beer when gravity is consistent over two days.
* Use sanitised containers with lids. Use chilled water to reach pitching temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Maintain a cool even temperature in the fermenter. Place the fermenter in a tray and wrap it in a blanket with an end in a container of water. Placing the fermenter on a concrete slab can also help to keep the temperature constant. Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and an old fridge for optimum brewing conditions all year round.