COOPERS SPARKLING ALE
You will need:
- Thomas Coopers Sparkling Ale
- 1kg Light liquid malt
- 500 gm Dextrose
- 1 Goldings Hop bag
- Safale S04 yeast
- Well in advance of preparing recipe, place 5-10 litres of water in closed containers in a fridge and chill*
- Place Goldings Finishing Hops bag in a sterilised cup with 250mls of boiling water. Leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Mix TC Sparkling Ale, Liquid Malt and Dextrose in fermenter with 2 litres of hot water.
- Pour hops liquid into fermenter. Place hops bag to one side for later.
- Add chilled and tap water to make up 22 litres at 20-25°C.
- Stir vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Add Safale Yeast and stir gently. Add Hops bag to fermenter.
- Seal fermenter and store in cool conditions, ideally around 18-20°C**
* Use sterilized containers with lids. Do not leave your fermenter to cool before adding yeast, as this increases the chance of an infection. Use the chilled water to reach a satisfactory temperature and add yeast immediately.
** Try to maintain a cool, even temperature in the fermenter. Place your fermenter next to brick walls or on a cement slab. . Use a Brewers Choice Brewing Thermostat and old fridge for optimum brewing conditions.